Nordic Noir has quickly become the genre of choice for fictional crime fans across the globe. From the darkness of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to the bleakness of The Killing, audiences have become fascinated with the region’s criminal culture.
But what are the stories and real-life crimes that have inspired authors like Stieg Larsson and Henning Mankell?
In this collection, we shall look at 14 different unsolved cases spanning the entire Nordic region. From the killing of Lilly Lindeström in Sweden to the alleged crimes of Hans Assmann. From the “perfect murder” of Marie Lock-Hansen to the infamous Isdal Woman.
These are the cases that would stump even Kurt Wallander
The cases featured in this collection are as follows:
- The Vampire Killing of Lilly Lindeström
- The Strange Disappearance of Viola Widegren
- The Alleged Crimes of Hans Assmann
- The Disappearance and Murder of Kyllikki Saari
- The Christmas Killing of Elli Immo
- The Double Murder at the Tulilahti Campsite
- The Slaughter at Lake Bodom
- The Slaying of Sirkka-Liisa Valjus
- The Perfect Murder of Marie Lock-Hansen
- The Enduring Mystery of the Isdal Woman
- The Murder of Catrine da Costa and the Show Trial That Followed
- The Brutal Slaying of Stine Geisler
- The Disappearance and Likely Murder of Helena Andersson
- The Mysterious Death of The Oslo Woman
- The Abduction and Murder of Emilie Meng